The way you plan and execute your website redesign can have a major impact on its overall success. Diving into a website redesign with no guidance can lead your Insurance Brand on a path to nowhere. Don’t get lost in this overwhelming process. Spend your time and money wisely by strategically planning an effective website redesign.
Not sure where to start? Follow these steps to ensure you are planning out the most successful redesign for your Brand.
- Determine if a website redesign is necessary: There is no doubt about it—a website redesign can take up a lot of your time, money and resources. Before you commit, make sure you have a valid reason to redesign your website.
- Evaluate the analytics of your current website: Dive deep into your current website’s analytics to help guide the decisions in your redesign plan. Look at your past metrics, and determine how you should move forward to produce the best results.
- Assess your competition: It’s important to look at your competitors’ websites, but don’t obsess over them. Spend time searching through their website for your own benefit, and establish benchmarks of their online presence to measure your own success.
- Define your target audience: Determine who will use your website and what they are using it for. Understanding your website’s persona is key to building out the most effective website design.
- Establish goals and objectives for your website: Your goal is what you want to accomplish and your objective is how you plan to accomplish it. Establish specific goals and objectives for your website that your entire team understands and can achieve.
- Create a sitemap: A sitemap is a list of your website pages that is accessible to your users and is used as a planning tool during your website redesign. By mapping out what your new website might look like, you can determine an estimate cost and budget for your redesign accordingly.
- Choose the right Content Management System (CMS): A CMS allows you to easily manage your content without the need for additional web development. It is important to choose the right one for your Insurance Brand’s website. A commonly used CMS to consider is WordPress.
- Clarify a budget: Identify your needs vs. your wants and establish an accurate budget before you begin your website redesign on your own or hire a web design firm.
- Establish design preferences: Do not begin your website redesign without a clear understanding of your design preferences. Establish a plan for what you would like your new website to look like before the design process begins.
- Define roles and responsibilities, or choose the right firm to execute: If you are redesigning your website internally, make sure you have set specific roles and responsibilities for your team. You do not want to start your journey and then realize down the road, that you have too many cooks in the kitchen. If you are having a web design firm redesign your website, make sure you select a firm that is the right fit for you. Who you select can have a significant impact on not only the success of your website, but on the overall success of your Brand.
Strategically planning out your website redesign journey is important to the success of your website. Do not rush through the redesign process. Instead, commit your time and resources to get the results you desire. When planned out effectively, a website redesign can be a game changer for your Insurance Brand.
Learn more about planning your next website redesign in our free eBook, The Essential 10-Step Website Redesign Checklist. Get all the information you need to execute your successful website redesign.
Create a plan for your effective website redesign strategy. Let’s touch base and I will put the Hult Team’s experience to work for you. We can connect at 309-673-8191 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and together, we can create a better focus on your Insurance Brand.