You need to find out how your current website is performing. To do this you need to gather data that has accumulated over time such as:
- Number of visits, including number of unique visitors
- Bounce rate
- Average amount of time someone spends on your site
- Total number of actions taken on your site (content downloads, appointment requests, etc)
Once you know where you stand, you need to establish clear goals for your healthcare Brand, like setting a number of appointment requests or physician inquiries generated in the next year from your website.
Designing Your Site Around Personas
When building patient personas it is important to take into consideration their demographics, needs, pain points and behaviors. This will give you a better understanding of how to design your website based on your ideal patient. Your website should be based on your ideal patients' needs and not just what your Brand wants to communicate.
Optimizing Your Site To Increase Conversions
Confirm that your website is optimized for search through search engine optimization (SEO). If the patient cannot find your site, how are you going to increase leads, downloads, and sales? A few ways to do this are:
- Document your most searched value-pages
- Create a 301 redirect strategy
- Do your keyword research
Then create calls-to-action (CTAs) that drive visitors to perform some sort of action like download content, requesting a consultation or speak with a patient care representative.
Take Your Website Redesign to the Next Level
- Adding a blog will give the visitor information that could benefit their buying decision.
- The share-ability of your website will help get your name out there to potential customers.
- Adding social links will allow a visitor to share your content with their followers.
- And lastly, it is important to focus on analytics.
Measuring the performance of your site will let you know what you are doing well and what you need to improve on. You can learn more about website redesign and how it fits into an inbound marketing campaign by downloading our free eBook, The Essential 10-Step Website Redesign Checklist.
Let's chat and put the Hult Team’s experience to work for you. Feel free to reach me at 309-673-8191 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and together, we can grow your healthcare Brand.