We live in an information heavy world. Throughout our day, we are constantly bombarded by different promotional messages, making it difficult to distinguish one from another. Your organization’s key to breaking through this noise is discovering your distinction and continually communicating it to consumers. But, your distinction is something you must know before your consumers ever will.
Brand Development is the discovery process you go through to unearth your organization’s Claim of Distinction and the master plan for how that differentiation will be communicated. It’s about becoming consumers’ first choice by relaying the distinctive message, experience and feeling that people associate with you. Many organizations think this distinction comes from mission statements or taglines. Instead, look at the very foundation of your Brand and consider what truly makes your organization unique.
Many organizations may feel that they understand their Claim of Distinction and think they are communicating it in a way that consumers understand. Sometimes, it may be hard to pinpoint that your organization needs to undergo Brand Development. To help guide you, here are a list of questions you should answer before determining if your organization should go through Brand Development.
11 Questions to Ask Before Considering Brand Development
- Do you know why you wake up every morning and do what you do?
- Does your organization have a clear understanding of your Brand Distinction?
- Is your Brand Distinction clearly communicated externally?
- Are you consistent throughout all of your marketing communications?
- Do you have complete buy-in from the C-Suite?
- Do you use a recruitment and selection process to screen employee candidates to determine if they are a good fit for your Brand culture?
- Are new hires trained to communicate your Brand Distinction?
- Are your employees aware of your Brand Distinction?
- Do your employees have the tools to enable them to consistently deliver on your Brand?
- Are you delivering on your Brand Promise?
- Are you continuing to deliver on your Brand Promise?
If you answered no to any of these questions, it may be time to dive deep into Brand Development. Discovering the distinction that differentiates you from your competition will transform the way you and staff at every level of your organization view your Brand. This will allow you to clearly communicate that distinction to consumers time and time again. Imagine the effect that will have on your bottom-line.
Learn how to empower your Brand Distinction in our free eBook, Empowering Your Brand Distinction. We walk through our tried and true Brand Development process to help you discover your distinct Brand and implement it across all levels of your organization.
Is your organization ready to discover your distinction? Let’s touch base and I will put my experience as a Certified Brand Strategist to work for you. We can connect at 309-673-8191 or email@example.com, and together, we can create a better focus on your Brand.