Everyone knows that the holiday season is more than one day towards the end of December. In fact, it appears as though the holiday season starts earlier and earlier each year. As marketers, we recognize that this is a two-month long promotional opportunity that can create optimal results for our Brands. But, if you wait too long to implement your holiday campaigns, you may miss out on many of those promotional opportunities.
Now is the time to buckle down and get to work on your holiday campaigns. To aid you in the process, we have compiled a holiday inbound marketing checklist. Follow this guide to make sure you get the most out of your marketing campaigns this holiday season!
Your Holiday Inbound Marketing Checklist:
- Think about your campaign strategy: When building out your content calendar and planning your marketing strategy, make sure to take notice of any major holidays. Can you build an inbound marketing campaign around those holidays? Which ones fit in best with your products/services, Brand, and industry? The key to success is to think about these questions in advance and plan your campaign strategy accordingly.
- Create holiday-themed offers: During the holiday season, create offers that relate to the specific holidays your organization decides to build campaigns around. Depending on your industry, these offers could range from discounts and coupons to content and online promotions. Overall, make sure your offers are creative, engaging, and compel your consumers to take action.
- Prepare a social media marketing strategy: Typically, audience engagement is much lower during the holiday season. This is due to consumers’ busy schedules and the clutter created by so many marketing channels. Counteract this effect by planning out a social media calendar filled with fun, interactive, and relatable content to post throughout the holiday season. Incorporate community related events, office action shots, and other interactive posts that will speak to your audience and grab their attention.
- Optimize your keywords: Whether you are creating a pay-per-click ad or writing a new blog post, make sure you are optimizing the keywords you use. What is your audience searching for during the holiday season? What will make them find you? Conduct thorough keyword research to increase your ranking with the search engines and allow consumers to find your Brand.
- Consider planning a holiday event: If you are planning a holiday event like a fundraiser, product launch, or co-sponsored event, make sure you set clear goals for your event. Determine its purpose and how it ties in to your overall holiday campaign strategy. You can also create an event hashtag that you and your audience can use to build anticipation and promote your Brand and event.
- Aim your focus on customer delight: No matter what you decide to do with your holiday campaign, the most important thing to remember is that it is all about the customer. Determine what they want, and find the best way to show them the value in your organization. Customer delight should always be at the forefront of your organization.
- Do not forget to include all 7 inbound marketing tools: You have a lot of tools in your marketing toolkit. When you are crafting your holiday campaign, do not forget to reach in and utilize each tool! For tips on how to use your marketing toolkit to create an effective inbound marketing campaign, check out our eBook Tools of the Trade: 7 Fundamentals of an Effective Inbound Marketing Campaign. We walk you through the 7 tools that will help get your marketing campaign on the fast track to success.
The holiday season is a perfect time to promote your Brand and give thanks to your customers. Make sure you are planning, building, and implementing an inbound marketing campaign that will increase Brand awareness and consumer engagement this holiday season. #HappyHolidayMarketing
Optimize your inbound marketing campaign this holiday season. Let's touch base and I will put the Hult Team's experience to work for you. We can connect at 309-673-8191 or email@example.com, and together, we can create a better focus on your Brand.