As defined by the American Marketing Association, marketing is the activity, set of institutions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large. Therefore, many marketing actions are focused on not only promoting the Brand, but also generating new leads and customers for the organization. And, with inbound marketing methodology, marketers’ main focus is bringing visitors in, rather than going out and finding prospects for their organization. Now, cue closed-loop marketing.
Effective marketers should be able to tie every single lead, customer, and dollar back to the marketing initiative that created them. That is the power of closed-loop marketing. Closed-loop marketing cuts through the widespread vagueness of marketing myths and assumptions and reveals real data about the success (or failure) of your marketing efforts.
Closed-loop marketing is a critical element of your organization’s marketing strategy. It’s easy to break the loop, so continuously analyze the gaps that may appear in your closed-loop marketing system. By using these tips, you will continue to generate new leads and customers for your Brand.
5 Ways to Analyze the Gaps in Your Closed-Loop Marketing System:
- Set tracking code on every website page and subdomain: If any of your pages are missing a tracking code, then you’ll break the loop. The same goes for all of your subdomains.
- Create tracking URLs for ads, emails and offline events: Get in the habit of creating URLs for any marketing event or campaign your organization runs. That will allow you to look at clean results and gain an accurate picture of how your channels and campaigns are performing.
- Associate a visitor’s online session with their lead information: After a visitor first lands on your website and before they fill out your lead form, there is a key period of browsing you need to be aware of. This is the place where most marketers stumble because it’s technically difficult. To solve for this problem, you’ll need to find an integrated system that does this tracking for you.
- Ensure your team is properly closing leads: Get your team on the same page and come up with a system that both you and your team can agree upon. This will ensure you are always closing the loop. Develop a service level agreement (SLA), which is a contract between groups that sets expectations for the quantity and quality of leads that marketing will deliver and outlines the steps to be taken when following up on those leads.
- Nurture your low graded leads, so they become engaged leads: Set up lead nurturing to follow up with your low graded leads, so you don't miss out on any opportunities to make your process an efficient one. This will shorten your buying cycle by providing your sales team with your most engaged leads. You'll also want to develop some type of behavior-based communication that allows those particular contacts to keep your organization at the top of their minds.
Learn more about analyzing the gaps in your closed-loop marketing system in our eBook, Improving Your Sales Cycle Through Closed-Loop Marketing.This eBook will help you strengthen your closed-loop marketing strategy by giving insights on how to build, implement and analyze the data you receive to help improve your marketing strategies.
Analyze the gaps in your closed-loop marketing system to begin closing the loop and generating leads. Let's touch base and I will put the Hult Team's experience to work for you. We can connect at 309-673-8191 or email@example.com, and together, we can create a better focus on your Brand.