With the amount of information at patients’ disposal, it can make it even harder for your healthcare practice to attract and retain loyal patients. Because of this, your Brand needs to focus on fostering a relationship with them that shows you understand them and care about providing them with solutions.
This relationship doesn’t start when the patient first walks in the door of your clinic or hospital, though. It starts the minute they realize they have a problem and turn to Google for answers. It may be hard to build a trustworthy relationship with patients virtually, but with effective video marketing, your healthcare Brand will stand out from your competitors. Become a healthcare practice that patients can trust and engage with by incorporating videos into your inbound marketing strategy.
What’s So Great About Video Marketing?
Everyone is using videos these days. Last year, HubSpot reported that 65% of marketers had plans to increase their budget to include videos. These marketers recognize the power of videos.
Consider the following video marketing statistics:
- Combining videos with email marketing increases conversions between 200% and 300%.
- YouTube estimates its video users grow by 100% each year.
- About 46% of people say they'd be more likely to seek out information about a product or service after seeing it in an online video
- Video equals higher viewer retention. The information retained in one minute of online video is equal to about 1.8 million written words.
- Of the 80% of internet users who watched a video ad, 46% took some sort of action after viewing the ad.
- Internet users spend 33% of their online time watching videos.
- Mobile video consumers share 92% of the videos they see online.
Video marketing is the next frontier for healthcare marketing. It’s the perfect way for your practice to attract and engage current and prospective patients, ultimately increasing patient volume.
The Science of Storytelling Using Video Marketing
Storytelling – the process of relating to your patients by sharing similar pain points and providing solutions – is the lifeblood of your healthcare Brand. It is one of the key factors of a successful inbound marketing strategy. It humanizes your Brand and helps you motivate your employees and connect with patients.
Now that you know what storytelling is, it’s easy to see how storytelling and video marketing go hand in hand. Using videos, you can maximize the little time visitors give you by employing visuals, which science proves are processed 60 times faster than written content. Additionally, research shows storytelling leads to neural coupling. Neural coupling means the person watching your video turns your story into his or her own story. It reinforces your healthcare Brand.
Explainer videos leverage the power of inbound marketing. Using a 30-second video, you can make a powerful statement about a patient success story, information regarding symptoms, or a new and innovative service.
4 Key Factors that Affect Your Video Marketing Strategy
Like all aspects of marketing, having a strategy will serve you well. It will also reinforce the premise that you value your patients, which will strengthen your relationship with them. The following are 4 key components of an effective video marketing strategy:
- Set goals and measure them: Start your video marketing strategy by setting your goals, and then measure your goals regularly.
- Create professional videos: Your videos should always be professional. If you’re making videos of yourself, then you’ll need a high-resolution camera, a professional background, and a high-quality sound system.
- You must have a responsive web design for your site: You should have a responsive web design for your site for a number of reasons. One important reason is to make sure your video content is viewable across a variety of devices. A responsive website prevents users from leaving your site and going to a competitor’s site.
- Promote your videos: Promote your videos by optimizing them using keywords, sharing them on social media platforms, using influencer marketing, or a combination of distribution channels.
Learn more inbound marketing tips and tricks in our free eBook, Tools of the Trade: 7 Fundamentals to an Effective Inbound Marketing Campaign.
Integrate your current strategies with fresh inbound marketing ROI based ideas to attract more patients to your practice. Let's touch base and I will put the Hult Team’s experience to work for you. You can contact me at 309-673-8191 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and together, we can create a better focus on your healthcare Brand.